Tuesday, January 8, 2013

31: The Sorrows and the Joys

My Wonderful Grandparents and my sister Jessie on the
Day my younger sister Brittney Graduated from High School. 
This was a difficult week for me but more so from my family.  After thanksgiving my Grandma Kate was taken to the nursing home as she stopped eating and drinking.  All the signs were leading to her getting close to dying.  She was in the nursing home/hospice care for a total of 10 days and this week she passed away.  I was told that she went peacefully and that my mom and uncle were both with her when she passed.  I am so thankful that she was with family. 

I am not able to head home for her funeral as traveling at this point in my pregnancy is a rather large struggle.  I am annoyed and frustrated that I cannot go but it would be too difficult to head home and back again in the 3 days that are allowed for the grievance.  It would have been nice to be there with all of my family and to have shared in the grieving process but alas that is life.  

My Grandma was a great woman.  She could cook anything and loved all of her children and grandchildren to the fullest.  I only wish I could have gotten to know her better as an adult.  I know I would have appreciated her much more now than I did as a young girl.  She will be missed by so many.  

I was able to continue through my week with minor upset.  I think I have been processing this for a long time as Grandma has slowly declined over the past several year.   I think that since I live 7 hours away from my Grandparents house and have had some separation.  I know that once I return home and visit with my Grandpa, my Grandma's absence will affect me in a great way.  I did take a day off from work and remained at home to rest.   I have grieved, cried, relaxed, and was given support from so many people.  I greatly appreciate all the love that I have received.  I was also blessed by my church and my new job with two separate bouquets of flowers and cards.  
-----
In other news, this was my 2nd week at my new job and I have been so tired with the 2 jobs.  I feel like I am constantly moving and not getting everything done that I have needed to do.  I have doubts about this job, but I think I can persevere through it all.  Only time will tell what it is that I am supposed to learn at this job.  It continues to show its challenges but I know that God put me there for a good reason.  We will see why as we move forward.  As of right now I have no clue.  
-----
31 Weeks... I didn't have
a chance to do a sign this week. 

In Baby news, I was sitting and relaxing one evening and I got to see my son move significantly within my belly.  It was really cool and crazy all at the same time.  My stomach shifted back and forth as he moved.  I continue to be amazed by the life growing within me.   We were also able to buy our boy's crib this week and were greatly blessed during the process.  We discovered that Target only had one of the cribs that we wanted in stock and thankfully no one else wanted it.  We also were able to have some fun in picking out some clothing for the little dude.  When we proceeded to check out I asked the cashier to scan the bed to make sure we had enough funds to cover the cost.  We did and she then rang up the clothes.  I gave her the $8 coupon and to my surprise she scanned it 4 times totaling $32 of savings.  I also think that she may have missed scanning one of the shirts that we had picked out.  She explained that her scanning the coupon more than once was her Christmas gift to us and that it was just extreme couponing.  I was blown away.  I then headed outside to the car.  A young man was assisting Brock to help get the crib into the car... there was absolutely no way that it was going to fit inside of the box.  Brock and our helper unpacked the crib from the box and it fit into the car perfectly.  Over all it was a wonderful trip to target.  I was also able to put together the stroller with some minor help from my beloved.  It didn't take a ton of effort but I am thankful I was able to do so as my nesting desires increase.  It was a joy to be able to prep in this way.  I am sure that my nesting will only continue to grow as we get closer to the arrival.  


No comments:

Post a Comment