Tuesday, January 8, 2013

29: Thanksgiving Week!

The belly shot and my sweet hubby in his country wear.  :-) 
Lately, I have been feeling like a watermelon and one day I was even dressed like one with a deep pink shirt underneath a green shirt... yep didn't do that on purpose.  As this guy gets bigger, I am amazed at how much things change and then there are moments when he is quiet and I think everything is still the same.  Reality will kick me in the teeth soon enough.  Until then, I am attempting to enjoy this time.

A big shout out to my Father-in-law and his new job as an independent truck driver.  The unfortunately circumstances that lead to this position were not good but I am loving the benefits that come with it.  You see Bob is now a regional driver as opposed to a short distance driver and while the transition was not easy at first and there are downsides, there are also great blessings.  Bob now comes down to Cincinnati every so often to deliver or pick up a load and while he doesn't have a lot of time, an hour is enough time for Brock to be able to see his Dad!  I am thankful for this as normally Brock wouldn't see his dad for a couple months at a time.  This also allowed for Bob to bring down a bag of maternity items from a friend of Brock's who wanted to bless us.  I was in need of some more items as my new job has a business causal dress code. So Bob, thank you!

This week I had my first day of training at my new job.  It was just a lot of basic information and a lot of policy and procedure information from the Hospital itself but all stuff that must be reviewed to be hired.  Nothing too exciting just yet.  The real fun starts next week with more training and then actually admitting clients and running the program later in the week.  I am excited to get started, kind of worried about what I said yes to, anxious about all the unknowns that keep popping up, I can't wait to decorate the office which I will share with my colleague and just all around ready to go.  I have also been distracted this week as the anticipation of seeing my family keeps growing and growing.  I'm not ready for the 7 hour drive while being 29 weeks pregnant but it will be well worth the visit. 
----------------------------------------------------
We headed out after work on Wednesday afternoon, my boss was gracious enough to allow me to work in the morning instead of my usual afternoon shift.  Sidebar - she is one, if not the best boss I have every had the pleasure of working under.  Judy is one of the reasons that it will be so difficult to officially put in my resignation when the time comes. (and I have no idea when that will be.)  

Anyway, the journey began with me driving as I get less nauseous in that circumstance than when others drive.  This gave Brock some time to rest and get a bit of sleep as he does most of the driving on these trips anymore.  He is a road warrior's son after all.  Per doctor's orders we had to stop ever 1.5 hours to take a 10 minute walk to make sure that my body and baby had a break and to get my blood circulating.  This made our trip even longer than normal but again worth the efforts.

Once we made it home, we discovered my parents house had been resided and given a new roof, something that has needed to occur for a long time but life puts a damper on plans that are not essential.  It looks great!  

We got to hang out, for 4 days, with my Brother, Clayton who was in from Colorado,  My two sisters Jessie and Brittney, Henry (Jessie's husband), Brice (Brittney's BF, he is so sweet on her), my parents, and the 5 dogs (Masada, Elliott, Pixie the puppy, Sophie, and Chloe).  I am ever so blessed to have this large wonderful family to share sweet memories with and to make new ones.  The Lord has given me more than I knew I wanted or needed in this family and we have been through a lot of rough patches but I wouldn't trade these people or the experiences for the world!  

We also had a great traditional McGraw (Grafton) family meal.  I have 3 aunts and 1 uncle, all of whom are married and have kids of their own.  Needless to say we are a BIG family.  The best part of this event was being able to see my sweet Grandma Kate and wonderful Grandpa Bob!  They have been married for so many decades and for the past several years Grandpa has been taking care of Grandma as her health and mental capacity have slowing declined.  Grandma, doesn't look like the woman I remember and it was hard to see her that way, but I am so glad I got to see her.  It made my uncomfortable trip that much more worth it.  You see she really has not been doing well and the doctors believe she won't be with us much longer.  I think she just knew that her family would all be around her during this time and she could see everyone together before letting go.  This woman cared so much and seeing the Love my Grandpa has for her is a great encouragement.  I want my marriage to be as full and blessed as theirs has been.  It is hard to think about the fact that she probably won't be there for Christmas this year.  What a change that will be.  And as her life draws to a close I have a tiny life within just beginning his journey.  I am sad that he won't be able to meet his Great Grandma Kate but I am praying that he will soon meet his Great Grandpa Bob.  This is something that I greatly desire for my son, but then reality and our desires do not always match up.  I love my Grandparents and they are a big part of what makes me who I am today.  I am so thankful for them and the way their lives have shaped mine. (So being pregnant and emotional and processing as counselors are familiar with doing; I have cried a lot during that paragraph.)

And now, I shall move on for our visit also included a celebration of this little boy with a baby shower. 
My big Brother and the duck he shot.  He's so handsome!
My Mom, younger sister Brittney, and Older sister Jessie, threw me a shower!  I really didn't know what to expect from this experience as I was not sure who would be there.  I was pleasantly surprised.  I got to see all of my aunts on my mom's side, an old family friend, a great (x2) aunt, one of my aunts on my dad's side, and several cousins.  It was a wonderful day.  Jess made red velvet cup cakes, we played some games, and everyone got to adore all the gifts for my son.  He is blessed by lots of wonderful people who love him before he has even fully arrived.  We also had a cutest onesie context.  Our little guy will be warm and cozy.  He got a car seat, stroller, crib, lots of clothes, some toys, several blankets, a baby book and so much more.  Unfortunately, we don't have pictures as the cameras were out of juice.  Oh well.  It was a fun afternoon anyway.  I'm looking forward to the time that I can take him home to introduce him to all these people.  It will be a wonderful time.

A couple pictures from our trip out west...



The Old Homestead and the Face Lift of new siding and a New roof.

No comments:

Post a Comment