Thursday, July 26, 2012

12 weeks and counting...

 I must first begin by saying Thank You Lord for allowing this pregnancy to continue and for our lil Peanut to be thriving, squirming, and moving all around.  


I included this wonderful picture of my two favorite guys cuddling and napping.  They are so precious to me and I am thankful for the joy they bring into my life.  I could not ask for a more wonderful husband and dog.  They are ever so sweet and supportive of me.  I can't wait to see how they will both step up when baby arrives in February.  


We had our first ultra sound last week and were given four beautiful pictures. I am truly amazed that babies form so quickly and everything that they need is there within the first trimester.  It is beyond my understanding but that is why we have such a wonderful and intelligent creator.  Perfectly designing every aspect of the way humans grow but also every other creature throughout this entire world.  WOW!

 This lil one kept squirming and moving all over so we really didn't get any great pictures but I wanted to share them with you as they are really cool.  


This first one Peanut decided to do a head stand.
 This one shows the heartbeat at the bottom.  The heart rate was 175 beats.  Brock and I were shocked to hear that but the tech informed us that is was completely normal and healthy.  So much faster than a fully grown adult.  
 This one shows the head on the right, the body on the left and a hand up above.  Precious.  
And last but not least is my favorite.  The tiny little hand and five little fingers.  I cannot wait until I get to feel those fingers wrapped tightly around my own.  I'm ready and completely not ready all at the same time.  I am very thankful that the Lord allows this to be a 9 month process as I don't think I could adjust if it were any shorter.  


In some good news, I am feeling a bit better stomach wise and my appetite is coming back slightly, however, there is a trade off as my joints begin to relax to carry the extra weight, I am completely sore and feel as though I have lost the ability to lift anything.  It feels as if I have carpel tunnel in my joints, mainly my shoulders, wrists, neck, and fingers.  I really was not expecting this phase of pregnancy.  On a funny note....


My husband has nicknamed me Optimus (Mom) Prime as my body transforms.  I love that he has a sense of humor as it keeps me on my toes. ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment