Tuesday, November 28, 2017

BW Mama's Thank You...

On 10/10/2017 I went under the knife to have an accessory navicular removed from my right foot. 

Ok, Wait. I should probably introduce myself a bit before unfolding my story as I know there are several new people hanging out with my Beloved husband Brock.

My name is Corie and I am the bread winning Mama half of this blog.  I will more than likely be the strong somewhat visible cheerleader support system behind my amazing husband who raises our two beautifully, fantastically, frustrating, curious, make your heart melt, little beings we call offspring.

I work full time in the financial industry and I thrive is the work environment.  I am an introvert at heart and I have always told my husband that I would never make a good stay at home mama.  I need forced, consistent interaction and intellectual challenges to keep me motivated/sane/healthy/sharp/engaged(not sure what the best word is there but all apply).  If I had to be a SAHM, I would fall into the pits of depression, our home would be a disaster, and I would resent my husband as he would get to leave the house each day to interact with adults.  So last year when multiple doors were closing Brock stepped up in a GIANT way to love me and our kids and became a stay at home dad.  (Our kids call him Papa.)  This decision was made easier by two other contributing factors: a. Brock from the beginning of our marriage has said "I wouldn't mind being a SAHD" and b. my income was significantly better and I was better suited in my position to advance than he was.

All of this is say we have been enjoying our new roles since March and it has been touch as the transitions continue.  It is also very exciting to see my husband daily raising our kiddos.  I am thankful they are with him!  Brock is an extrovert and has to be in community even if those people are complete strangers (not for long).

So I digress back to surgery.  You are probably thinking what the H*88 is an accessory navicular.  Basically, I had an extra bone connected to the large tendon going from the inside of my right foot up my leg and it was painful.  The doc took it out (The Kidner Procedure) and for the past 7 weeks I have been in a plaster splint and 2 different casts; unable to walk, crutching or knee scooting everywhere I went, being chauffeured around whenever necessary, and an emotional ball of basket case/cabin fever/captive.  My Beloved, now had to take care of 2yo, 4yo, and gimp wifey on short term disability.

Brock, also, has been babysitting a 1yo and 3yo on Tuesday and Thursday's for a bit of extra income. Driving Uber whenever possible to gain income and have a break from the 3 needies at home.
Working diligently to get our blog back up and running.
Organized meet up's for Dad's.
Bible study each week, serving at church, leader of our family.
Late night ER run because the 4yo cut his lip on the floor (don't ask-3 stitches)
And lets not forget the millions of loads of laundry, dishes, meals cooked, and items that he has brought me because well I straight up couldn't walk.

My Beloved is AMAZING to say the very least. So Why do I tell you all of this?

As the one who leaves the house every day to go to my job, I understand that Brock's JOB is raising Hezekiah and Ruby and he doesn't get the clock off EVER!  I am beyond grateful to my Beloved for his willingness to do all that he does without complaint.  I told him recently that I go to meetings for my job and if the opportunity arose I would travel as well.  Brock deeply desires to be able to go to DadCon and Dad 2.0 etc. I see the passion in his eyes, hear it in his voice. I know his disappointment when I tell him that the budget just doesn't work with traveling.

This is what makes me more determined to make it work. I deeply LOVE (agape) my Beloved and want to at a drop of any mention to say yes.  So that is what I did recently.  Highjacked his facebook, talked to some powers that be, searched for and booked a flight and said you ARE traveling for YOUR JOB. It is a gift that I will not get to see enjoyed in person but know Brock will return to me filled up, energized, encouraged, and he will talk my leg off for a week about his "work travels."  He will learn new skills, meet people in person that he has connected with via social media (thank you technology) and experience a new city. I can't wait!

And soon enough, the shoe will be on the other foot as I will be caring for Brock after he has some medical concerns taken care of.  I pray I am as patient with him as he was with me.

I am deeply thankful to City Dad's Group for the support they have given my husband.
Thankful, to the local Dad's who somehow got connect to my crazy Red Bearded guy.
Thankful, to the one SAHD we knew before ever considering making this reality (David).
Thankful, for our church and all of the support they have given.
And Thankful most of all to Jesus for the guidance in all we do.

Brock, I love you and am thankful I get to do this crazy thing called life by your side. I wouldn't have it any other way. 

If you made it through to this point... Thanks for reading.  Many Blessings. 
Until Next time.
BWMama
Corie-ander

No comments:

Post a Comment