Tuesday, August 21, 2012

16 Weeks and Going strong...

Today I feel as though the time is creeping by ever so slowly but I am sure that once February gets here I won't be saying that at all.  Anyway, a lot has happened this week and I have lots to say but I'm not sure if I will remember it all (Baby Brain Perhaps?).

If you have been keeping up with my stories you will know that my first official craving was the well known Krispy Kreme Donuts and you will also know that this craving was not fulfilled at the time.  I must brag about my wonderful husband as he presented me with a small box of the delightful donuts last night.  Oh so yummy.  He really does take note and love me in multiple ways.  I couldn't be more thankful for the blessing he is to me.
To be continued...
_____

Yesterday, Brock was fortunately given a half day off of work and was able to be home with me all afternoon.  It was beautiful to have him here.  I felt like it was a Saturday instead of a Monday.  Because of this gift, we were visited by our dear friend Larry and his two older children Felicity and Noah.  The visit was mainly due to Noah's specially requesting to see Brock and of course Dexter.  What a sweet request we were happy to oblige.      When they arrived we set out to take the kids and Dex to the park for some fun outside.  The kids played while the three adults enjoyed a bench and caught up.  And then the inevitable occurred... "I have to go to the bathroom."  Since Brock knew the route off he went with the kids and took care of them like a champ; even inspecting to see if Felicity was hurt after she tripped and distracted her from her minor scrap.  Brock also played with them on the equipment for a few minutes and seemed to be enjoying himself.  

I couldn't have been more please with the events.  It just proves to me how excited and ready my wonderful husband is to be a Papa and that he will be fantastic at this new role.

We returned to the apartment and served the kiddos some ice cream andd relaxed for a few more minutes.  And then it was time to go.  I am so thankful for Noah's desire to see Brock as it allowed all of us to fellowship and enjoy one another.

And one of the best compliments from Larry to me... "You are not even showing yet!"  It made me feel good. 
_____
Brock and I continued our afternoon with a Trip to Jungle Jim's Eastgate to be a part of a photo shoot for the opening of Col. De's Gourmet Herbs and Spices second location.  It was so fun.  We all wore fake white mustaches and got to see some bits and pieces of the new Jungle.  Unfortunately, I can't post any pics until after it opens as we could get in big trouble. 
____
16 weeks/date night outfit
We then returned home for Brock to change and headed out for our DATE NIGHT!  It was overdue and extremely welcomed.  We headed for Newport to enjoy some Haufbrauhaus (sp?) and a walk by the river.  I had chosen to wear a dress and some leggings as I just desired to look cute, to be comfortable, and avoid mosquito bites.  

BEST OUTFIT EVER... Leggings and a Dress.  I was able to move around and now feel like my pants were uncomfortable.  I was warm enough but not too hot and I didn't have to constantly pull my pants up/into place because I wasn't wearing a belt (cuz they cause more discomfort).  

I am going to have to invest in some more leggings as this adventure continues since I only have the one pair and I cannot wait to get into some of the cute fall/winter maternity clothes.  I'm excited. 
____
And the last topic that I can remember that I wanted to bring up...

Today, I have officially sent, faxed, requested, printed, passed, and paid for everything that the board requires for me to get my Professional Counselor license. Now it is out of my hands and I will have to wait to hear back from the board to know if they granted me the license or not.  It should go through without any problems but then you never know.  I cannot wait to have that paper in my hands.  Throughout this entire process Brock has supported me beyond what I could have asked for.  I am grateful for all he does for me.  I am also extremely thankful that he is the type of man who wants to attend every possible doc appointment with me, no matter how seemingly insignificant the appointment might be. 

I love that he is so involved in the pregnancy and the process.  If any of you Wives/Mothers have any ideas on ways I can continue to encourage my dearly beloved please send me a text/email/facebook message.

Thanks for listening.  I hope you are enjoying your day and find the blessings that surround you. 
Until next time...
Momma Lusch

PS - 2nd craving - funnel cake, 3rd craving - a glass of red wine.  I don't think I will be getting either of those anytime soon. Oh well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment