Saturday, May 29, 2010

Baby Registry Time

Corie and I started registering for baby stuff yesterday. We went to Target and registered for many different things. Then today we went up to Cincinnati Mills. We first stopped off at Woodcraft to see Ronda. She is a great friend of ours that we consider family. For those of you who know about the trips that we take in the fall and spring, Ronda comes on the trips and takes pictures and makes the whole weekend a total blast. She was so excited to see us today and showed us around her cool wood shop that has many cool things to lathe out. Before we left she said"I have a surprise for you" we went to her truck and she pulled out a little gift bag with some cute goodies for the baby.
In the book was a note to the baby that was really cute. Then we went to Baby's R Us and registered for a ton of stuff there. We are so overwhelmed with everything there is to look at. It is nice that Corie is a nanny because she gets to see many of the things that are used daily so that helps a ton for me to just let her tell me what things she likes. I normally look at styles and colors and say that looks nice. I feel like a girl at a car dealership. "I will take a car that looks cool and is my favorite color". Thank God for my wife.

3 comments:

  1. I had so much fun registering with you and I am so thankful for your trust in me. I am also thankful that you are willing to shop. But the best part of this post is getting to see your vulnerability and I love that you are so willing to show it. Makes me fall for you that much more. I love Papa Lusch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Brock and Corie! Enjoy every moment of your pregnancy and try not to get overwhelmed by the "stuff"- I am finding that the things I really needed this first few weeks were a car seat, clothes, something for him to sleep in (he hated the pack n play, so we got a fisher price rock and play sleeper that he loves), diapers and wipes, swaddling blankets, burp cloths, a good breast pump and a few bottles (we had some latching issues at first). Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband and I had the most fun do our baby registry when we were expecting. And it was great seeing his softer side as we strolled through the stories picking out all the cute things we needed for our new arrival.

    ReplyDelete